Followers

Friday, August 1, 2008

Some Fields

Lately I've been a sucker for landscapes. These aren't the best landscapes as I was driving down the street when i took them. But they do look pretty cool. I've always kind of hated living here in Ohio where I live. Its the middle of no where's ville and I grew up on several Navy bases. There were no fields of any kind. And now anytime we go anywhere, even in town sometimes, there is some kind of field. Right now there are a lot of corn fields and soybean fields. We grow a lot of that here. We also have wheat feilds too but they are all harvested already so not too pretty for pictures, and there isn't as many as the other two too.

Sometimes I wonder what the fascination is with the fields. I know its good to grow your own food and stuff like that, and its good for the economy as well and brings in these farmers some extra monies. That is all good.. but why have practically everywhere covered in them. I guess I'm still a city girl at heart and would LOVE to go live in the city. Where you don't have to have a car to get somewhere. You can just walk to whatever you wanna go to. Just the way I grew up. I guess its what I'll always want.

Hope you have a fantastic day today. I'm sure everyone will.

2 comments:

pat said...

Ahhh--you must be in the midwest; Field Heaven. All that stuff in the grocery stores--out of some field somewhere. And look at it this way; all those lovely green growing things are putting oxygen back in the atmosphere!! They also help keep the area cooler than concrete.

Sandra Collins said...

love that lst shot - i am the exact opposite of you - I'd take those fields over the city any day