Followers

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First day of Kindergarten

So today was the first day of Kindergarten. She was so excited to go to the bus stop and wait for her bus. She didn't get to go down to the same stop as her friend next door but thats ok they still ride the same bus. They gave her a tag that has her name, drop off address, with the phone Justify Fullnumber too, and what time and where the bus stop is on there. So cool They really don't wanna lose these Kindergartners do they. Hey I'm all for that I tell ya what. I'm all for that.

So here is her and the other girl on the other side of us getting on the bus this morning. Last year she didn't have to cross the street to get on the bus but this year she does. Thankfully Courtney explained to her what to do. Wait here until the driver says to go. Then you walk like this far outside the bus so the driver sees you and since your in Kindergarten and we don't wanna lose you you have to sit up front. She wasn't happy about that but she was ok. She waved me away as they left the bus stop.


And here's a couple photos I snaped of her right before the bus came and my battery died LOL. All and all we had a good first day of school. Now to see how it goes when every one is there tomorrow LOL. That should be fun for the kids. She goes 5 days a week all day classes. Its a big change for her. Last year she was in 3 day full day classes. This year its all week just like the big kids. SHould be fun though. And she got a thumbs up today which means she was good all day and didnt have to change her card over once. YAY Arianna.



p.s. Isn't her name tag so cute. At western they just had these boring buses. Now she has the fun turtles. I love it. On and on the back of the turtle is all her information. Her name, pin number (for lunches and such), our street address, our phone number, and two other people to contact if we can't be found. How cool. I tell ya we are not losing any Kindergarteners this year. THe principal joked with us said that we might misplace them but we never lose them. They are in constant contact with the bus drivers at all times. So that made me feel better. I just don't like how long it takes her to get home from school and she has a bus transfer in the morning and the afternoon since she goes to a different school than the other kids on our street.


Ok whatelse about our first day... oh yeah they made handprints today too. The handprint had this poem on it.

Here's a specail trick i know,
When I'm sad and scared to go.
Take my hand and kiss it here,
The kiss from you, I will hold dear.
Down my hand and up my arm,
Into my heart, the kiss goes on.

To the tune of twinkle twinkle little start.
The kissing hand by audrey Penn

How sweet. At the orintation the teacher read this book to us. Then had us write her name on her little hand and put a little heart sticker, and thats her kissing hand from us. How precious huh.

Ok I'm done rambling about kindergarten. You would think I'm the one going to kindergarten LOL. Hope everyone has a great night.

9 comments:

Reds said...

Sounds like she had a great time at school!! Love her first day pics!!

Becky said...

Glad it was a good first day!

Bobbi said...

She is so cute, I love her name tag! I am glad she had an awesome first day :)

Stacey said...

Awww... What a nice orientation! Looks like she's so excited for school!

Anonymous said...

Love the name tag..

Jess said...

Awww, I'm so glad she (and you!) had a great first day! The kissing hand was a sweet touch, how nice of the teachers to do that. Kaitlyn would LOVE it, we read that book all the time. :)

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Aww looks like she did fine on her first day, how did you do. she is a cutie.

Margaret said...

Love your shots. Glad she had a good day!

Tori said...

looks like a great first day!