Followers

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Maddie's Almost finished Witch tutu

So I wanted to try my hand at making a tutu. And what better time of year to make one than HALLOWEEN. We all get to dress up in whatever we want. We can be scary or cute or adorable or quirky or freaky. We can be anything we want to be at all. There are no limits when it comes to Halloween.

So last year both Maddie and Tristan won the costume judging contests. Tristan was a priate (again) and won Most Original. Maddie was a cute little leopard. She had a little dress and all. It was Most Adorable. I'm so proud of her. Well him too. And this year Tristan will probably be a priate again because DH loves him and how he looks. And I will admit he makes an adorable pirate. And will probably win.. again this year. Maddie is gonna be a cute little witch. She's got a black shirt, leggings, a black purple and pink tutu (almost finished), and hopefully if I can keep it on her head a witch hat too. So lets hope she wins something again this year.

So I put her half finished tutu on her to get an idea of the size. Yes I measured her before I started but somehow it ended up being a tad big. Well more than a tad so I don't have as much to finish as I thought I did. So looks like I only gotta get about 4 more yards of black and 2 more each of the pink and purple. I wanted orange in there too but EVERYWHERE is sold out of them. Can you believe that? Not a single walmart or JoAnns around here. Man this sucks. Oh its ok. I'll have to make one for some other time with that color too.




But its time for me to go to watch House with DH. Its the new one and I'm excited to see it. He went and got us Subway and we are gonna put all the kids down (only one left now) and have a lazy night together. We really need that. Have a fantastic day everyone.

8 comments:

Becky said...

I love the colors of the tutu!

pat said...

Nice tutu! Love that last shot.

KRISTIE said...

very cute

Suzy said...

Look at those cheeks! She's such a doll! Tutu's take longer to make than anticipated don't they? I still have 1/2 of one lying around somewhere as well. Great shots!

Jess said...

This is DARLING! I would never have known it wasn't completely finished, you can't tell in the photos. She is such a doll baby!

Mandy said...

She is such a cutie! I love making tutu's!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Hope you enjoyed your evening. What a cool project.

Joanne Fowler said...

Oh! It's so adorable! Love the colors!