Followers

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ayden's Home

Well we got home at about 2:30 this afternoon with my brave little man. We go back to see his doctor in a few weeks to have the casts removed and see the progress. His left foot was tighter than they expected it to be as its the foot that has been doing better lately. But that's ok we will see how it looks and acts after its done in the casts for a while. I will explain our stay through what else pictures and here we go.

They weighed him and measured him when we got there to do the nurse assestment. You would have thought I would have asked this. All i know is he weights 12.9 kg LOL. No clue what that is in pounds I'm sure I can find out though lol. At his last surgery in December he weighed 25 pounds. I think they were wrong though LOL, but probalby not.


This has got to be my favorite picture out of over 200 pictures. They were playing in the room while we waited for the doctor to come in and once again explain everything that was going to happen. Its just so so precious.

And here is Dopey. He is our compainion. He has been with us every single surgery and Yesterday's was no exception.

Here is Dr. Shrader explaining things to us again. He's very used to my camera by now.

Ayden's "boo boo hand". Thats what we all called it for him. This was taken right in recovery. Of course afer I held him for a while.

Daddy and Ayden again with a popcicle. He was coughing up a storm from that tube they put in him. Man I remember that from my surgery. It wasn't fun at all. But we did get an awesome expression.

After we checked into the Ronald house for the night and I came back to see him an hour or so later this is how I found him. practically standing up in his crib. I can't believe that. I guess that pain block hadn't worn off yet. Too bad it couldn't last forever. (brb ayden's crawling over here.. ok we fixed him he's back on the couch with his feet up and iced.)

Here is one of our casted feet. We picked out green. Ya think its bright enough LOL.

This is our new little friend.. Birdy lol. Isn't he so cute.

Finally able to go home. He was so excited to see us this morning get real clothes on and get to go in the waggon to go home.
So now we are home. Trying to help him through his pain. I'm sure he will let us know when he's really hurting. He's like Paul and me we try to push through the pain. Not a good thing to have when you just had surgery lol.

On a side note... I did make an appt with my surgon for my foot. I go in Tuesday at 2:15pm to have it Xrayed again and a cast put on it. I haven't taken my dressing off yet to see how its doing but it still hurts a lot. I think I over pushed myself yesterday and today. Thank you to everyone for your warm well wishes and prayers. They certianly were anwsered yesterday. I know my grams was lookin over him too helping him through the surgery. THank you all again.

9 comments:

For Over 29 Years... said...

I have to say these pictures tell a strong story. I'm sorry I haven't followed what happend, why he has to have surgery. But I'm glad he went well!

Angelica said...

Glad his surgery went well. Poor little guy =( Hope he heals well. Your photos are amazing and I love how you documented the whole process.

Reds said...

Hope his recovery will be fast and painless!! Yours pictures tell the story so well!

Jess said...

Awww, poor guy! It sure seems like he is tolerating it well though. I can't believe he was up standing right after! I would have been a whiney baby, lol. Ayden is such a tough guy. LOVE the green cast, I would have picked that or hot pink myself. :)

Mandy said...

Poor baby...I am glad that his surgery came off so well. I am sure with a mama like you he will get through it all just fine. Great photos journaling the event.

Becky said...

Glad everything went well. Will you get a matching cast? :-)

. said...

What a sweetheart! When my daughter was 2 she had a full leg cast and was up and walking on it within a few days! We told the doc we couldn't stop her! :)

Bobbi said...

These pictures are so moving. He looks so happy despite everything going on around him, you hav a very special little guy. {{hugs}}

Sharon said...

Yay! So glad he did well!