Followers

Monday, September 15, 2008

a few pics from the wind storm we got

here are just a few pictures of the uprooted tree that knocked out my power yesterday and all night last night. We took the kids to his parents house for the night. My kids are dependent on their ACs lol. And it was very very muggy in my house. I'm not sure what caused the storm if it was part of IKE which i think it might have been by the force of all the winds we had. If not we had some wicked bad storms that I just hate.

But anyway here are some pictures. We do have power back but there was a lot of damage everywhere around here. We even lost some lives in some of the cities. I'll be praying for those lives lost during the storm and pray everyone gets everything restored back to normal.







7 comments:

Mom2Drew said...

Yikes. So glad you're ok, but you're right...too much damage.

Michelle said...

wow-that's some serious damage! Just enough to make you thankful. glad it wasn't any worse for you.

Suzy said...

Oh my that is one huge tree! Glad your ok and that you have your In-laws to help out when needed (I'd be running for some AC to)! I'm joining you in saying a prayer tonight for those families who have losses due to the storm.

Jess said...

DANG, looks like you guys got the wind bad too! It's been major clean-up time around here as well. Stupid Ike.

I'm just glad everyone is ok and no one was majorly injured... it could have been SO much worse! :(

Becky said...

Mother nature can be so scary--glad you made out okay.

Mandy said...

Wow....that is awful! I sure am glad that you and everyone else is ok though.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Wow that was some storm Great shots of the trees.