Followers

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

little sweeties : big hearts

So Madalynne is now 16 months old. She had her doctor appt today. We did have a few concerns paul and i. Madalynne has this dry hacky cough. Its been pretty constant at night mostly and since the weather changed from warm to cold. I did put a humidifier in her room I thought that maybe her throat was just dry because her room is very warm and very dry. Upon talkin to the doctor and other peas... I am pretty sure we are all under the same impression. Looks like my baby here might have Asthma. Although from the sounds of it since she is under 2 it isn't called Asthma. I have heard of a disease that premies are prone to have... but can't think for the life of me what that is called now. Madalynne was born early with resp problems. But I would have thought that any problems she might have because of that would have shown up earlier. But I guess not. I don't know if because she was born early is why she is now having these problems.

Our house is not all that old I think that its maybe like 25 years old. So I would think that mold isn't a big issue with it as it with older houses and was with our trailer. But it might be. I will have to have the landlord check into it for us. I want to make sure she is fine. I don't want to have to put her on medications but if they end up nessicary then it will be done. For now I guess I just have to watch her. Keep a close eye on here see when she coughs up and whats around her when she does. I have noticed within like the past month and a half whenever we punish her for doing something she's not suposed to do she starts to hyperventalite. I'm not sure if thats because of this as well or just her working herself up that much. Scares the death out of me.

I appreciate everyone who have given me their thoughts and experiences with this. It is greatly appreciated.

Now on to some pictures. So I practically filled up my brand spankin new 2 gig memory card waiting around for the doctor.

Here she is getting weighed. She now weighs 28 pounds and is 33 inches long. She is in like the 100th percentile for her age. Man I think I got a big baby on my hands. Her doctor said that is fine. her weight and height are just right for each other. She's tall so of course she is gonna weigh more. Yay mommy worry gone.
Here the nurse we see everytime we go to see our doctor is listening to her heart. Yep its beating and its beating good.
She's got that look down pat. Come on mom do you have to take some many pictures. Yep they all got it and she is no different. But know what I LOVE IT. At least they will have millions of pictures of them growing up. getting bigger to show their kids.

I just love this picture. yes i blew out her face and yes i can probably fix it but its too cute not to share. She is just so dang adorable its not even funny. She's getting a little better at lookin at the camera but only if i catch her in like a split second lol.

I will probably have some more pictures of her tomorrow. She has to have some blood work done. I hate this. She is up to date on her shots until Kindergarden and now has to have this done. Can't these babies ever catch a break huh? She has to have her lead levels checked and her Hematocrit checked. I guess its routine at this age but I dont remember any of the other kids having it done to them. I mean the boys did through the WIC office like a year ago. Tristan's first came back high and the big test came back a little high but not alarmingly high. Just told to watch what he does and eats. So we will be off to the hosipital for lab work in the morning.

I hope everyone has a pea-tastic day. You are all amazing people. I'm going to head to bed now its been a long day.

3 comments:

Suzy said...

I don't have any advice as far as asthma or what she's going through. She's cute as can be and I hope her blood work tomorrow isn't to terrible. My little girl is 18 months and not even close to being done with shots yet. You did good getting them all on time. Great captures!

Margaret said...

Sorry she's been going through this! Not fun. My sister's kids have asthma. It has become less severe for them as they get older. Those shots of her are adorable!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

She is such a sweetie even while not feeling good.